Check out these related products
- $21.57 List price $24.95Save $3.38
- $11.48 List price $17.95Save $6.47
- $17.49 List price $20.00Save $2.51
- $20.84 List price $26.95Save $6.11
- $10.27 List price $16.00Save $5.73
- $14.92 List price $15.95Save $1.03
- $9.96 List price $15.95Save $5.99
- $9.37 List price $15.00Save $5.63
- $9.06 Was $9.99Save $0.93
- $13.49 List price $19.99Save $6.50
- $13.35 List price $15.00Save $1.65
- $12.22 List price $15.00Save $2.78
- $12.87 List price $14.95Save $2.08
- $13.05 List price $16.95Save $3.90
- $10.26 Was $11.94Save $1.68
- $10.88 Was $11.94Save $1.06
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Worn out from nursing soldiers at a Milwaukee hospital and struggling to recover from a traumatic love affair, Amanda Starkey returns to her family's rural Wisconsin farm to stay with her beloved sister, Mattie, and young niece, Ruth.
"POWERFUL . . . SUSPENSEFUL . . . RICHLY TEXTURED . . . A] CHILLING, PRECOCIOUSLY GOOD START TO A BRIGHT NEW NOVELIST'S CAREER."
"-The New York Times
" A] gripping psychological thriller . . . In the winter of 1919, a young mother named Mathilda Neumann drowns beneath the ice of a rural Wisconsin lake. The shock of her death dramatically changes the lives of her daughter, troubled sister, and husband. . . . Told in the voices of several of the main characters and skipping back and forth in time, the narrative gradually and tantalizingly reveals the dark family secrets and the unsettling discoveries that lead to the truth of what actually happened the night of the drowning. . . . Schwarz certainly succeeds at keeping the reader engrossed."
" Us Weekly
"DEFT AND ASSURED . . . WITH] STRONG CHARACTERS AND A PLOT LONG ON TENSION AND SURPRISES."
"A strong sense of portent and unusually vivid characters distinguish this mesmerizing first novel about horrifying family secrets and nearly annihilating guilt. "Drowning Ruth" is a complex and rewarding debut."
Author of "The Pilot's Wife"
"RIVETING . . . A VERY SUSPENSEFUL TALE, ONE THAT WILL KEEP READERS UP SHIVERING IN THE NIGHT."
|Number of Pages:||338|
|Series Title:||Oprah's Book Club|
|Publisher:||Random House Inc|
|Publication Date:||July, 2001|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.75 x 8.50 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Consider these popular products
- $18.88 List price $30.00Save $11.12
- $7.55 Was $7.99Save $0.44
- $9.18 List price $10.00Save $0.82
- $7.48 List price $9.99Save $2.51
- $6.24 List price $9.99Save $3.75
- $5.78 Was $7.99Save $2.21