Set over ten years after the events of the first game, the story of Lost Planet 2 begins after terraforming efforts have melted away the iconic snow and ice of E.D.N III giving way to harsh deserts, lush jungles, and city environments. Players control their hero through six interconnected episodes, each seen from the perspective of a different human faction residing on the planet. The true stars of Lost Planet 2 are the larger than life Akrid that inhabit E.D.N. III - Players will utilize teamwork tactics, their arsenal of weapons, and numerous robotic vital suits as they fight for control of the thermal energy that is held within these beasts. In addition to an intense co-operative campaign mode, Lost Planet 2 contains a robust multiplayer versus mode allowing for up to 16-players in a match. Lost Planet 2's deep levels of customization allow players to customize their character and express their individuality online.
- 4-player co-op action: Team up to battle the giant Akrid in explosive 4 player co-operative play. Teamwork is the player's key to victory as the team is dependent on each other to succeed and survive.
- Single-player game evolves based on players decisions and actions.
- Deep level of character customization: Players will have hundreds of different ways to customize their look to truly help them define their character on the battlefield both on and offline. Certain weapons can also be customized to suit individual player style.
- Beautiful massive environments: Capcom's advanced graphics engine, MT Framework 2.0, will bring the game to life with the next step in 3D fidelity and performance.
- Massive scale of enemies: Players skill on the battlefield and work as a team will be tested like never before against the giant Akrid. Players will utilize teamwork tactics, new weapons and a variety of vital suits (VS) to fight these larger-than-life bosses.
- Rewards System- Players will receive rewards for assisting teammates and contributing to the team's success.
- Up to 16-player Multiplayer modes and online ranking system.
- Exciting new VS features- Based on fan feedback, the team has implemented an unbelievable variety of Vital Suits and new ways to combat VS's. The new VS system will have a powerful impact on the way the player takes to the war zone in Lost Planet 2.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Animated Blood, Language, Suggestive Themes, and Violence