We designed Windows 7 to make your PC simpler - to be more reliable, more responsive and to make the things you do every day on your PC easier.
- Open files and documents in just two clicks.
- Find virtually anything on your PC just by typing a word or two.
- Home Group makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music.
- Enjoy the music, videos, photos and recorded TV stored on your home PC while travelling.**
All editions of Windows XP and Windows Vista qualify you to upgrade.
Everything you need for work and home
With Windows 7 Professional, you'll be able to run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP mode and recover your data easily with automatic back-ups to your home or business network. You'll be able to connect to company networks easily and more securely with Domain Join. And with entertainment features like Windows Media Center, it's great for home as well as for business.
Easy to use
- Getting things done is easier. With the new taskbar and navigation features like snap, it's easier to compare two windows side-by-side, and JumpLists put files you use often just two clicks away.
- Home Group makes it easy to create a home network and connect your PCs running Windows 7 to a printer.
Faster to use
- Find virtually anything on your PC - from documents to songs to email - just by typing a word or two with Windows Search.
- Windows 7 Professional takes full advantage the latest 64-bit PCs.
Windows 7 Upgrade System Requirements
- To be eligible for the offer, you need to be running a genuine copy of the Windows XP or Windows Vista operating systems.
- 1GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1GB RAM (32-bit) / 2GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor can help you determine which features and editions of Windows 7 will run on your computer; visit http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor
Additional Requirements to use Certain Features:
- Internet Access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Windows Tablet require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs with Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- Music and sound require audio output
- Windows XP Mode requires:
- Additional 1GB of RAM
- Additional 15GB of available disk space
- Processor capable of hardware virtualization, with Intel-VT or AMD-V turned on
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware; visit http://windows.microsoft.com/products/windows-7/system-requirements/
*A TV tuner is required and additional hardware may be required.Not available in all countries.