About this item
The Art of Videogames explores how philosophy of the arts theories developed to address traditional art works can also be applied to videogames.
- Presents a unique philosophical approach to the art of videogaming, situating videogames in the framework of analytic philosophy of the arts
- Explores how philosophical theories developed to address traditional art works can also be applied to videogames
- Written for a broad audience of both philosophers and videogame enthusiasts by a philosopher who is also an avid gamer
- Discusses the relationship between games and earlier artistic and entertainment media, how videogames allow for interactive fiction, the role of game narrative, and the moral status of violent events depicted in videogame worlds
- Argues that videogames do indeed qualify as a new and exciting form of representational art
Explore this item
|Publisher:||Wiley & Sons, Incorporated, John|
|Publish Date:||Sep 28, 2009|
|Number of Pages:||231|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.8|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||9.1 x 6.0 x 0.6|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.