Consider these popular products
- Rollback$199.00 Was $299.00Save $100.00
- Clearance$189.00 Was $399.00Save $210.00
- Reduced Price$480.39 List price $573.14Save $92.75
- Rollback$449.00 Was $699.99Save $250.99
- Rollback$159.00 Was $249.00Save $90.00
- $279.00 Was $305.00Save $26.00
- Clearance$229.00 Was $399.00Save $170.00
- Rollback$1,139.00 Was $1299.00Save $160.00
- Rollback$309.00 Was $398.00Save $89.00
- $329.00 Was $349.00Save $20.00
Acer Black 10.1" Aspire One AOD250-1151 Netbook with Intel Atom N270 Processor & Windows XP
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
At just over two-and-a-half pounds, the Acer 10.1" Aspire One Netbook PC redefines mobile connectivity with fun, and powerful features for an optimal on-the-go computing experience. Browse the Internet, check email, share photos, keep up with your social networks, listen to music and enjoy a variety of entertainment in a compact design that you can take anywhere. The Acer 10.1" Aspire One Netbook PC also features a 160GB hard drive, wireless LAN, built-in Webcam, and Microsoft Windows XP Home operating system.
- 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor
Offers low energy consumption, a 533MHz frontside bus, and 512KB L2 cache
- 1GB of DDR2 single-channel system memory at 667Hz
Handles basic applications and is upgradeable to 2GB
- 160GB SATA hard drive
Stores up to 45,000 photos, or up to 39,000 songs, or up to 19 hours of HD video and more
- 10.1" CrystalBrite display provides 1024 x 600 resolution for an optimal Web browsing experience
- Acer Crystal Eye Webcam and digital microphone deliver smooth video streaming and superior voice quality to help you stay in touch
- Wireless Wi-Fi and wired Ethernet enable you to connect to a broadband modem (cable or DSL) wirelessly or using the wired 10/100 Ethernet port
- 3-cell rechargeable battery
- Thin, light design is just over 1" thin and weighs just under 2.5 lbs.
- Integrated audio with stereo speakers
- Multi-in-One Card Reader
- Ports: USB 2.0 (3), VGA Video Output, Headphone Jack & Microphone Jack
- Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3
- McAfee Internet Security Suite (Trial)
- Acer Video Conference Manager, Acer GameZone, eSobi, Carbonite Online Backup
- Acer Recovery Management
Support and Warranty
- 1-year international traveler's limited warranty with 24/7 Technical Support
|Hard Drive Capacity:||160 GB|
|Processor Speed:||1.6 GHz|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||LU.S670B.034|
|Contained Battery Type:||Lithium Ion|
|RAM Memory:||1 GB|
|Operating System:||Microsoft Windows|
|Dimensions:||10.2 x 7.2 x 1.0|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||10.20 x 7.20 x 1.00 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Is it true that the Windows XP installed in this netbook is just a TRIAL? You have to pay for it after a while.
- Thank you for your question. No, that is not true. The operating system on this computer is Microsoft Genuine Windows XP Home. It does not expire and you do not have to pay anything else to use the computer.by eSolutions9/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Windows XP is not a trial version. Microsoft Office is a trial version.by BethFace4/14/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. You have to activate Windows though - which is free.by 10snoopy14/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, that is not true. This Acer netbook comes with a full pre-installed version of Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. You will NOT have to pay anything additional to keep using this operating system.by carlsbadbob4/11/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is true that Window XP ccome preinstalled but its not the trial version. I've do not know of any computer that comes with a trial offer for the operating system, If it did, I'd be going for the free options from lynix or others that do offer it for free. but you do want to be careful of the microsoft tricks they try to pull, you do get a free trial version of microsoft office student version, but I didn't even bother to us it, I use the Sun Microsytems "open office" for free and its better the Microsoft.by ronsreviews4/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for your question. This unit does not come with recovery disks. You will need to create your own disks. In order to create restore disks, you will need to use either an external optical drive, or an optical drive shared over a network to the netbook. If you are not able to create them via those methods, you should call technical support within 30 days of purchase to obtain recovery media. Additionally, every Acer computer comes with a recovery partition that allows you to restore your computer without the need of disks, by pressing a key combination at start up and completing the resulting menus.by eSolutions9/24/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- To clarify some of the questions and answers given, I do not know about previous versions of this netbook (not laptop or notebook), but the acer aspire one you can purchase now, is loaded with windows 7 starter, not xp. It is genrally thought that windows 7 is an energy hog, but with the specially designed intel atom proccesssor ( designed for netbooks), and the fact that there is no cd/dvd drive the battery (now it comes with a 6-cell battery) will last 6 hours is you are using wi-fi and 7.5 - 8 hous if you turn the wi-fi off (Fn+F2), and are playing games and such. There is a way both to backup your files and to make a recovery "disk", you can utilize a sd card or a usb flash drive ( I use a 2gb sd card just for weekly file backups). This netbook is perfect for someone who wants to surf the net using wi-fi or a hotspot. It does not have a built-in modem(for use with a phone line), but if you do not have a home wireless network or access to a hot spot, it does have both an internal lan and an ethernet port to hook up to a broadband/dsl isp. This computer does have a vga port to hook it up to a tv or a projector that utilize this port (the vga cable is not provided). The stereo speakers are fine for using as a music player,provided you don't mind the tinny sound (no bass at all from these speakers). I have not hooked my netbook up to external speakers, and although I'm sure there will be some improvement, almost no laptop/netbook computer has a sound that will rival an ipod or home stereo system. The 1mb ram is what the computer uses to proccess information, as a rule of thumb, the more ram the faster the computer will run. I have found with most applications, the combination of the proccessor and 1mg ram make this run with the speed of my 3mb laptop. The keyboard is almost full size,( but without a dedicated number pad, only the large 17.3" laptops have those) All in all it is a great computer to have, both as a second or third family computer, or even as a primary family computer, If you don't require the use of a dvd drive. Yes you can purchase an external dvd drive, for this netbook for approx $60.00, but there are cheaper laptops available with more memory, a bigger screen, bigger hard drive, and a cd/dvd drive for approx $400.by robslpn5/23/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No it does not.by 10snoopy14/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- no but it comes with something that is already on there you can sign up for recovery on. I havent done it thoby dedethedisneyaddict4/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The Acer netbook comes with restore files partitioned on the hard drive. So you can restore your netbook to factory settings right from the hard drive. However if your hard drive gets corrupted with a virus it is possible it will also corrupt the restore files. When you first boot up your netbook it will prompt you to create restore disks. It is recommended that you do this but you will need an external optical drive to do this since a netbook does not have an internal optical drive.by carlsbadbob4/11/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Thank you for your question. No, unfortunately this system does not come with a DVD ROM drive. You will not be able to play DVDs on this machine at all. There are external optical drives (DVD or Blu-Ray drives) available that attach to the system via USB cables.by eSolutions9/25/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Buy an external disc drive. You will want to look for an USB external disc drive that can read DVDs or Blu-Ray discs since so much now comes on DVDs instead of CDs.by 10snoopy14/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- connect a usb CD drive or access a shared drive from another computer.by 1more2come4/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Netbooks are built to be thin and light. They do not have an internal optical drive. If you need to read/write CDs or DVDs you need to purchase an external optical drive which plugs into any 1 of the 3 USB 2.0 ports. Walmart.com has these. The netbook does have 3 USB 2.0 ports and a media card reader. These let you use thumbdrives and media cards to copy files, pictures, music, etc to the netbook harddrive without an optical drive.by carlsbadbob5/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- U cant it does not have a cd slot so u cant do any of those thingsby skulleater235/19/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?