Similar items in stock
God of War III (PS3)
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
God of War III is the final installment of the single-player action-adventure trilogy that brings epic battles to life with stunning graphics, groundbreaking depths of scale, and signature gameplay along with an elaborate plot placing ex-Spartan warrior Kratos at the center of carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, and an array of new weapons and magic for this iteration of the trilogy, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
- Only on the PS3 System - The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PlayStation 3 system to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cutscenes running off the in-game engine.
- Groundbreaking Depth of Scale - Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.
- Stylized Realism - Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.
- Signature Gameplay - Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos' epic story.
- Sophisticated Storyline - The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the triology; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the Gods.
- Rideable Creatures - Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.
- New Weapons and Combat Systems - New deadly weapons such as the Cestus - powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength - and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.
- Lighting Technologies - The dynamic lighting solution employed in GoW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera - when using Kratos' sightline - will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.
- ESRB Rating: MATURE with Blood and Gore, Strong Language, Nudity, Strong Sexual Content, and Intense Violence
|Genre:||Action & Adventure|
|Multi Pack Indicator:||No|
|Battery Type:||Does Not Contain a Battery|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||0.3|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||5.0 x 0.5 x 7.5|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- no. ps3 onlyby himluis11/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, this is a Playstation 3 exclusive.by hnrk12/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- unfortunately it will not be released on the PS2 as it would probably make the graphics card over heat and destroy the system. and if you're looking for a cheap PS3 go to gamestop and get a used 40GB PS3 for $250 or look around on craigslist and eBayby RyanS9210/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- NO!by Hardknock7/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No im afraid not my god of war friend the ps3 system is the only system it will be released on.by An anonymous customer12/4/2011Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- i herd that it is only for the ps3 sorry but you should really starte saving your pennies a ps3 is way betterby MoViE19904/17/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Even if this game does get released on the ps2 would you really enjoy it for all its worth? It wouldnt have high def graphics and because of the processing limit on the ps2 they creator would have to limit alot of things from the game making it less enjoyable. Best thing to do is to dish out the 299 for the ps3. well worth it.by TheCrow3/18/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- target.com lists a PS2 version being released in, I believe, April 2010.by TerryH13131312/31/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (10)Was this answer helpful?
- God of War 3 is a Playstation 3 exclusive and will not be on any other system. I suggest start saving up for your Playstation 3, so you can enjoy this game.by ShadowLynxXIII6/14/2012Was this answer helpful? (11) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- yes more than 4 diferent weapons also new magic and power upsby himluis11/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, there are a lot of diferent weapons.by hnrk8/24/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes, There is an actual sword you get to use. Also a flaming bow and arrow. Thats as far as I've gotten for now...by Kwap7/2/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes hercules has the herculian gloves or something like that the blade of olympus in rage mode and you get new bladesby An anonymous customer6/26/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- So far the listed weapons for this title are Athena's Blades, the Bow, and the Cestus(which are giant stone fist you can punch with for powerful damage). If you purchase the God of War collectors edition of God of War 1 and 2 you get a free demo of God of War 3; in the demo you can use all three weapons plus take on the god Helios.by ShadowLynxXIII3/26/2010Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. There are unlockable weapons in the game. The cestus is mentioned above in the item description section of this page.by psychoticcherry3/16/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- almost 95%by himluis11/12/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The gods in this game are true. a lot of the citeis are true as well. however Kratos as far as I know is not true. The game however, is Rated M so you would not be able to use this game for educational purposes. and a lot of the storyline in the game is just around the imagination of the developers so there's not a lot of accurate information in the game besides the designs of the gods and there namesby RyanS9210/13/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The characters are made up mostly. It does not portray Greek Myth, honestly. There are SOME characters that are replicas in the older versions such as Medusa. There is a Hercules character but the actions does not mirror the Greek Hercules.by Hardknock7/29/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It offers information on greek mythology but not enough to know everything in a text book it has most of the greek monsters but you learn nothing about them in the game you kill them more than anythingby An anonymous customer6/26/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The majority of the gods, heroes and creatures portrayed in this game are featured in Greek mythology, but the creators of the game took a lot of liberties with how they are portrayed. For example, in Greek mythology there is one minotaur at the center of the labyrinth, and in the game you fight dozens of them. In short, the game gives you a basic knowledge of the faces you'll see in Greek myths, but don't cite it as a source.by Visignis1/4/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?