About this item
Drawing on the expertise of more than forty weed scientists and botanists, the guide identifies each plant at various stages of its life and offers useful details about its origin, habitat, morphology, biology, distribution, and known toxic properties.
The book also includes illustrations of the most common characteristics of plants and the terms used to describe them, a key to plant families, a glossary of frequently used terms, a bibliography, and an index of scientific and common plant names.
Each species account includes:
- Up to four full-color photographs showing seed, seedling, plant, flower, and other unique plant features
- Distribution map
- For grasses, a line drawing of the collar (where the leaf joins the stem), an important identifying characteristic
- Scientific names, common names, and local synonyms of common names
- Vegetative characteristics for seedlings and leaves
- Special identifying features, reproductive characteristics, and toxic properties
States covered (species distribution maps also show occurrences across the United States and Canada):
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
|Contributed by:||Bryson, Charles T.|
|Contributed by:||Defelice, Michael, S.|
|Contributed by:||Evans, Arlyn, W.|
|Publisher:||University of Georgia Press|
|Publish Date:||Jun 25, 2009|
|Number of Pages:||480|
|Shipping Weight (in pounds):||3.2|
|Product in Inches (L x W x H):||10.0 x 7.5 x 1.2|
Be the first to review this item. Share your rating and review so that other customers can decide if this is the right item for them.
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.