Will I Ever Be Good Enough?: Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
Customers also viewed these products
- $10.22 Was $12.69Save $2.47
- $10.62 List price $15.99Save $5.37
- $12.19 List price $15.95Save $3.76
- $7.03 List price $12.95Save $5.92
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Paperback, Free Press, 2009, ISBN13 9781439129432, ISBN10 1439129436
The first book for daughters who have suffered the abuse of selfish, self-involved mothers, Will I Ever Be Good Enough? provides the expert assistance you need in order to overcome this debilitating history and reclaim your life. Drawing on more than two decades of experience as a therapist specializing in women's health and hundreds of interviews with suffering daughters, Dr. Karyl McBride helps you recognize the widespread effects of this emotional abuse and create an individualized program for self-protection, resolution, and complete recovery.
Narcissistic mothers teach their daughters that love is not unconditional, that it is given only when they behave in accordance with maternal expectations and whims. As adults, these daughters have difficulty overcoming feelings of inadequacy, disappointment, emotional emptiness, and sadness. They may also have a fear of abandonment that leads them to form unhealthy romantic relationships, as well as a tendency to perfectionism and unrelenting self-criticism or to self-sabotage and frustration. Dr. McBride's step-by-step program will enable you to:
(1) Recognize your own experience with maternal narcissism and its effects on all aspects of your life
(2) Discover how you have internalized verbal and nonverbal messages from your mother and how these have translated into overachievement or self-sabotage
(3) Construct a personalized program to take control of your life and enhance your sense of self, establishing healthy boundaries with your mother and breaking the legacy of abuse
Warm and sympathetic, Dr. McBride brings a profound level of authority to Will I Ever Be Good Enough? that encourages and inspires you as it aids your recovery.
|Number of Pages:||243|
|Number in Series:||1|
|Author:||McBride, Karyl, Ph.D.|
|Publication Date:||September, 2009|
|Digital Video Formats:||Paperback|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.50 x 8.50 x 0.75 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party product or service, or any customer ideas or advice.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Check out these related products
- $9.80 Was $11.83Save $2.03
- $8.50 List price $10.00Save $1.50
- $7.19 List price $7.99Save $0.80
- $4.13 List price $7.00Save $2.87
- $12.36 List price $13.99Save $1.63
- $18.95 List price $21.95Save $3.00
- $5.43 Was $5.99Save $0.56
- $14.38 List price $16.00Save $1.62