Customers also viewed these products
Animal Crossing: City Folk (Wii)
Consider these popular products
- $14.66 Was $19.96Save $5.30
- $11.96 Was $15.96Save $4.00
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
Animal Crossing: City Folk is a fun and engaging life simulation, where you can take control and shape the world around you from decorating your house to creating constellations in the heavens. Start the game in your own quiet town and meet many enriching animal characters along the way as you collect new furniture, wallpaper and carpets to make your house a home. Alternatively, simply while away the hours with a spot of fishing or gardening - there are no pressures in the world of Animal Crossing, you can live the life you wish to lead.
- Theres always something new to do. In the living, breathing world of Animal Crossing: City Folk, days and seasons pass in real time, so theres always something to discover. Catch fireflies in the summer, go trick-or-treating on Halloween or hunt for eggs on Bunny Day. If youre in the mood for something a little faster paced, take a bus to a new urban city area thats unique to Animal Crossing: City Folk. There you can catch a show at the theater or check out the sales at Gracies boutique. But if you dont show your face back home for too long, your neighbors will miss you.
- Up to four people from your household can live and work together to build the perfect town. Design clothes and patterns, write letters and post messages on the bulletin board for each other, or invite up to three friends to visit your town using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. With the new WiiSpeak microphone, its like youre all in the same room. The microphone sits atop the sensor bar and picks up the conversation of everyone in the room to encourage a more inclusive experience.
- Get to know your neighbors: The heart of Animal Crossing: City Folk is building relationships with the animals in your town as well as with other players. Befriend your animal neighbors by exchanging letters, gifts and favors. Animals can also move from town to town, bringing their memories and stories from their old towns with them. And since animals are notoriously loose-lipped, they spill all the juicy details.
- Express your personal style: Customize your town, your house and yourself by collecting bugs, fish, fossils, art, furniture, clothes and accessories. You can also go to the salon in the city to change your hairstyle and get a Mii makeover. Plus, if you design clothes in the tailors shop, animals will wear them and maybe even bring them to other towns.
- ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Comic Mischief
|Is Online Multiplayer Available:||Y|
|Video Game Platform:||Nintendo Wii|
|Is Downloadable Content Available:||Y|
|Compatible Devices:||Game console|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||RVLPRUUE|
|Genre:||Social & Economic Simulation|
|Required Peripherals:||Wii Remote|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||5.00 x 0.50 x 7.50 IN|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Can you play this game without getting on the internet? Do you have to have the wii speak to be able to play?
- This game is just as fun playing local and you definitly don't need wii speak to play on wifi or local.by MikefromLeaftown6/23/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- There are added bonuses if you use the internet and visit or be visited from other towns. Such as the final upgrade to the store. You do not need Wii Speak to play.by kristylyn661/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- you can play without getting on the internet. You dont have to have wii speakers to play if you stay in your town. If you decide you want to go to a friends town you have to get the wii speaker/mic and connect to the internet and give each other your city codes to connect to other cities.by Miss2Paula9/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can play however you want. Connecting with friends makes it a bit more fun, but you don't have to do that.by Club5596/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes you can play this game without being on the internet and no you do not need the wii speak to play. The wii speak is an extra you can buy.by magpie081/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- You can play this game without internet and wii speak is not needed.by Slippy1231/5/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes its called Animal Crossing: Wild World.by austin34104/6/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The DS version is 'Animal Crossing: Wild World'by kristylyn661/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Animal Crossing: Wild World is for the DS.by Club5596/9/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No. But they have, Animal Crossing: Wild World and that's just as good. Check it out.by Ani41512/26/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I know they have Animal Crossing Wild World on DS, which is VERY similar to this game. My son has it and loves it.by WalmartLover42/27/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it is only for Wii, but they do have Animal Crossing:Wild World for DS...by Charles1131912/26/2009Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Wi Fi works great with the Wii and this game. If you don't use the internet then you can't visit or be visited by friends. That would mean that there are some things that won't happen for your game. For instance, the store will only make it's final upgrade if a visitor from another town shops there. But if you don't have a friend who plays the game or has internet nintendo has a way to post your friend code so that other players can find you and visit.by kristylyn661/27/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This game is fun with or without internet. Really you only get one thing from having a wifi connection. If you are connected to the internet then you can go into other players towns who are also connected to the internet, likewise other people can come to your town, given you open your gate (giving permission for people to come to your town.)by Brandonhspace11/2/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Kristen, You don't have to have internet service to play this game. That is only if you want other people to come visit your town or visit other peoples town. I play the game everyday and have never gone to someone elses town and I still love it to death so does my 17 year old son. Yes, wireless internet would work for you if you wanted to go to someone elses town. Thats something you have to work out with a friend and if you wanted to talk to them you have to get that city folks mic/set up to do that. But playing with just the game is still awesome.by Miss2Paula9/12/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It's really fun playing on WiFi. After 8 at night on Saturday, you can head down to Brewster's and listen to K.K. with your friends, or hang out at your friend's town, maybe even get some free items while you're there. However, you can enjoy all the default features without WiFi and it's just as fun!by Club5596/10/2010Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- This is Wi-Fi that you could that the Wii uses in order to hook up to the internet.by momoffourplus2dogs5/30/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- I have had the game for 2 months and love it. I never play in the internet. The town people will give you different fruit to plant that is worth more money. There are about 6 or so peices of furniture you will not get but there are so many other I really dont care about them. I hope this helps. I am completely addicited to this game and Im a mom of 6.by scrapin7kids2/6/2010Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?