Similar items in stock
Dak Cured Ham, 16 oz
Customers also viewed these products
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
If you are looking for a premium meal that is ready to eat — no prep work required — look no further than Dak Canned Ham. This packaged Dak Ham is fully cooked and does not need to be refrigerated until opened. US Inspected and passed by the Department of Agriculture, this fully cooked ham makes a quality meal while camping or on a picnic and can even be prepared at home as a simple, comforting meal. The Dak Canned Ham can be transferred to a baking pan and placed in the oven for the option of eating it warmed up. Easy to cut up and add to a variety of recipes, Dak Ham is a convenient ingredient that takes the stress out of cooking. It can also stay in the pantry for a long period of time without going bad. Dak Canned Ham brings you a quality flavor you can rely on quickly.
Dak Canned Ham:
- Fully Cooked
- No can opener required
- US Inspected and passed by the Department of Agriculture
- Does not need to be refrigerated until opened
- Ready to eat
Ingredients: Cured With: Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Carrageenan, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Instructions: To serve hot: heat in 325f oven for 15 minutes per pound or untiltemperature reaches 130f. To glaze: score, stud with cloves, sprinklewith brown sugar And baste with pan drippings. No refrigerationnecessary until opened.
Explore this item
|Size:||16 oz net weight|
|Manufacturer Part Number:||702019|
|Features:||Us inspected by dept Of agriculture , Great for camping, picnics, hunting, fishing , No refrigeration necessary until opened , Ready To eat , Fully cooked|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||1.81 x 3.94 x 5.75 Inches|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories From Fat||60|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7 G||10|
|Saturated Fat 2 G||11|
|Trans Fat 0 G|
|Cholesterol 40 Mg||13|
|Sodium 620 Mg||26|
|Total Carbohydrate <1 G||0|
|Sugars <1 G|
|Protein 9 G|
(-) Information is currently not available for this nutrient.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:**
** Percent Daily Values listed below are intended for adults and children over 4 years of age. Foods represented or purported to be for use by infants, children less than 4 years of age, pregnant women, or lactating women shall use the RDI's that are specified for the intended group provided by the FDA.
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat. Fat||Less than||20g||25g|
Calories per gram:
Fat 9•Carbohydrate 4•Protein 4
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
- Some of these reviews are just pure fabrication. The ham is not as awful as they say. I suggest trying a can for yourself. We all have different taste buds.by Lady5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (5) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- This "ham" was horrible. It was "mushy" and had a horrible taste. I ended up throwing it away.by judy01105/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (7)Was this answer helpful?
- I am sorry to say that four of the four I purchased were absolutely disappointing; The ham is very fatty and is not a whole piece of meat, but pressed together. There was so much fat that it would not even brown in a pan when I sliced it. You won't catch me buying this product again.by md99635/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- in over 30 years of using DAK I have only encountered a few that had a lot of fat and gristle . Considering that I use an average of at least one a month ...not bad oddsby jacey19505/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- sure is - a mess. it is dog food now.by theystolemynickname5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (7)Was this answer helpful?
- This is not a cookie cutter chunk of meat nor does the picture or packaging show anything like that. This is small pieces pressed into a shape that fits in the can. Did you expect a mini bone in chunk of ham? It's not a filet!by AgencyMan5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- yes, it is a processed product- much like Spam, but it's good to have in a pinch.by lesliespokane5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- See my other post about how to tell. some are made in usa, some imported from denmark. Jazby Momsggg5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It is assembled from ham and pork by-products and molded into a ham shape to fit in the can.by TBLlady5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (8) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- This is mechanically separated ham. These are the left overs that are mechanically separated, chemically cured, and then bound into the shape of the can using pig lard.by Sformoso5/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (9) (3)Was this answer helpful?
- Bold letters on front say "Product Of Denmark" but fine print says "distributed by Plumrose USA, Downers Grove IL. Where it's actually packaged might be a mystery for the Hardy Boys.by judewhopper4/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Eat it on the down lo, or eat it with a bro.by ZachB5/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (4)Was this answer helpful?
- Downers Grove Il, perhaps. plumroseusa.comby 82615/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Denmark.by 544514/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 3 places that i know of....either NewJersey, Denmark, Or it also comes from Holland. you want the imported ham for best quality. See my other post* Jaz Momsgggby Momsggg5/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- It's made in Denmark.by Renee7004/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- DAK Canned ham is produced by the Plumrose Company, located in Downers Grove, Illinois. You can go to their website PlumroseUSA.comby SkyeBlue255/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Ham is nothing but the pigs butt. DOES IT MATTER WHERE IT IS MADE!!by davescarrepair4/19/2016Was this answer helpful? (1) (12)Was this answer helpful?
- While DAK is a Danish owned company, they can hams here in America from USA hogs.by CraftyFellow1/2/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Dak hams are imported from Denmark as last I checked. Some of the newer cans don't have the country of origin.by Echo62/6/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- 5 years should be the minimum if stored in a cool place and not subjected to freezing or high summer temperatures. Canned meats if done right and stored right should go 10 years. Bacon for example is an easy 10 +. Same for chicken etc.by AgencyMan6/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (9) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Shelf life of about 4 years. See expiration date on back of can. Most recent has a use-by date of 4-2018.by 544513/29/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My hams were dated good for nearly 5 years, but i bet they would last much longer even, if kept in a constant temperature cool dark place. Note....see my other post about how to tell the diff between made in denmark, and made in nj USA....mine are the denmark hams, not sure how long the usa hams last. GL! Jazby Momsggg5/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (6) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- it said 2018 on the canby rogerl9/20/2013Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- According to the PlumroseUSA.com website, (Plumrose whose company produces DAK ham), their product has a 5-year shelf life provided they are kept in a cool dry place. [also making note of the clearly stamped date on the "sell by" date stamped on can].by SkyeBlue255/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- We just up graded my parents emergency supplies,they stored away 15 cans or DAK Hams in 1998 and 1999, since they are canned,they were fine after 15 years.by davescarrepair5/11/2016Was this answer helpful? (16) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The cans I just bought in Feb 2013 expire June 2017... So over four years.by CraftyFellow5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (2) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- My cans purchased a few weeks ago expire 2017, after opening it must be refrigerated.by infinitedesires5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- EATABLE UP TO 10 YEARS IF KEPT OUT OF HIGH STORAGE TEMPS. KEEP IN COOL DARK PLACE.by dek19575/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The cans I've bought have approximately 5 years before expirationby Compotato5/10/2016Was this answer helpful? (7) (0)Was this answer helpful?