Tetra Whisper 2-10i Power Filter
Customers also considered
Check out these related products
- Reduced Price$3.32 List price $4.99Save $1.67
- Reduced Price$1.83 List price $4.99Save $3.16
- Reduced Price$20.54 List price $45.99Save $25.45
- Reduced Price$71.99 List price $143.99Save $72.00
- $6.66 List price $14.99Save $8.33
- $46.90 List price $103.99Save $57.09
- Clearance$21.47 List price $32.66Save $11.19
- $6.48 List price $14.99Save $8.51
- Reduced Pricefrom $8.64Save $103.35
- Reduced Price$11.09 List price $23.99Save $12.90
- Reduced Price$20.56 List price $28.03Save $7.47
- Reduced Pricefrom $5.09
- $51.34 List price $112.99Save $61.65
- from $6.99
- Clearance$5.91 List price $11.99Save $6.08
- Reduced Price$13.72 List price $22.99Save $9.27
- Reduced Pricefrom $6.43Save $54.56
- Reduced Price$2.06 List price $2.99Save $0.93
About this item
About this item
Important Made in USA Origin Disclaimer: For certain items sold by Walmart on Walmart.com, the displayed country of origin information may not be accurate or consistent with manufacturer information. For updated, accurate country of origin data, it is recommended that you rely on product packaging or manufacturer information.
For convenience and quiet, choose a Tetra Whisper 10i Filter. These Tetra Whisper Aquarium Filter mount on the inside of the aquarium, rather than hanging from the outside, making it possible to place the tank flush against a wall. These 2-10i Tetra Whisper Power Filter are unusually quiet, since the motor is under the water. Offering the same quality and performance as an external filter, the Tetra Whisper 10i Filter will function in as little as two inches of water, allowing it to be used for turtle tanks or for creating a waterfall inside the tank. Designed for aquariums up to 10-gallons, the Tetra Whisper Aquarium Filter features adjust easily to high or low water levels with mounting suction cups and/or brackets. Each Tetra Whisper 10i Filter comes with one pre-assembled whisper filter cartridge.
Tetra Whisper 2-10i Power Filter:
- Unusually quiet, since the motor is under the water
- Mounts on the inside of the aquarium
- Function in as little as two inches of water
- Can be used for turtle tanks or for creating a waterfall inside the tank
- Designed for aquariums up to 10-gallons
- Features adjust easily to high or low water levels with mounting suction cups and/or bracket
- Comes with one pre-assembled whisper filter cartridge
|Size:||1 , FOR 2 - 10 GALLON TANKS|
|Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H):||4.00 x 3.80 x 8.00 Inches|
Ask a question
If you would like to share feedback with us about pricing, delivery or other customer service issues, please contact customer service directly.
Questions will be checked against our question guidelines and posted within five to seven business days.
Q. Do I need an air filter for this product, or anything elese? And is this filter OK for a small fish tank and goldfish?
- It comes with everything you need. I use this for my goldfish who lives in a 5gal tank, it works like a charm. It also reduces how often I have to do a water change.by Equestriad1/17/2016Was this answer helpful? (4) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I wouldn't put extremely small fish with this filter. They might get sucked in. And no you don't. It comes with all you need. Just replace the filter as it gets dirty.by Animalestatic11/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Do not need an air filter, just an outlet. This filter is fine for small fish, just note that goldfish are very dirty/messy fish so get more filter that you think you'll need.by MandyJumper8811/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it comes with the air pump. You just need to buy extra filter cartridges. I recommend change the cartridge every two weeks or so. They are okay for tanks from 1 gallon to 10 gallons. It works wonders in goldfish tanks.by SilverGemini3/22/2016Was this answer helpful? (8) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No, it comes with everything you need. And its great for small fish. I have a betta and he doesn't mind it at allby cheergirl918/15/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- 1) No the power filter doesn't use an air pump. It has removable cartridges. You can buy the replacements in the stores. 2)It is suitable for small tanks, but be careful about the goldfish. They produce more waste and ammonia than any other fish, and some of them have a tendency to outgrow their tanks.by tallygirldaughter11/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (4) (2)Was this answer helpful?
- It's entirely self-contained. Hang it on your tank and plug it in. Nothing else is needed. Goldfish shouldn't be in a small fish tank but that's relative to what your small is. I have these in a 2-1/2 & 5 gallon tanks with tiny inhabitants and no problems. My starfish climbs inside it and always comes back out unharmed.by Smoker5104/18/2016Was this answer helpful? (10) (3)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Can this "Tetra Whisper 2-10 Power" fish filter, hook onto or be used in a 1 gallon fish bowl instead of a fish tank or aquarium?
- No it won't fit to a bowlby VIVZ11/18/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- The current is pretty strong in a 5gal tank, it'd be too strong for any smaller. I'd upgrade that bowl, anyway. The animals living in it need a bigger space. (well, unless they're snails or any other small crustacean) I'd go at least 5gal upgrade, especially if you have a Betta or goldfish.by Equestriad7/11/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- sadly no. It is used for 2 to 10 gallon aquariums.by Animalestatic10/1/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- It can, but in my experience, the suction cups don't like to stick to curved surfaces that well.by SilverGemini7/3/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- No it can not. In order for it to be stable and not shift it must be against a flat surface. It is approx 3" long and 2 " wide.by Casey2121/26/2011Was this answer helpful? (0) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I wouldn't, I got this filter in a 3 gallon tank kit and it is way to big for that. I actually found a filter small enough for a 1 gallon bowl, though. It's called a Red Sea Nano filter(Also called Azoo Palm filter). It hangs on the side, uses minimal power, and costs between $6- $10. They have them at petco in the stores. They work great, I have 3! Also, if you have a petsmart near you, they have a 2.5 gallon tank( just the tank) for $12. A bit sturdier than a bowl.by tallygirldaughter11/25/2014Was this answer helpful? (5) (0)Was this answer helpful?
Q. Do you need anything else for the tank? does this provide the necessary oxygen as well as clean?
- anything else for the tank? noby daMommaX33/26/2013Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- I would say you also need to provide oxygen. I spoke to pet stores to find this out. I use the 5-15 gallon aquarium air pump from Aqua Culture. It is quiet if you use a bubble stone with it. Both are also sold at Walmart.by diny1360111/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Everything is included in the filter, you really don't need anything. If you want your filter to provide oxygen, lower the water level a bit so the water falls and aerates the water. Otherwise I'd get an aerator.by Equestriad11/25/2015Was this answer helpful? (1) (0)Was this answer helpful?
- Yes. I've had mine for 10 months. And all my fish are still living. And i've only had to clean it twice.by Animalestatic11/6/2015Was this answer helpful? (2) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- Nope, it comes with the air pump. Just remember to buy extra filter cartridges.by SilverGemini6/21/2016Was this answer helpful? (3) (1)Was this answer helpful?
- I need filter refills for this but not offered on line.by Rabbitbunny9/9/2012Was this answer helpful? (0) (1)Was this answer helpful?
Customers also viewed these products