Call of Duty 3 takes full advantage of next-generation technology and a new physics engine to deliver a living battlefield. In the ultimate character-driven experience through a continuous and compelling story of bravery, loyalty and teamwork, players step into the shoes of four ordinary soldiers to fight through The Normandy Breakout, the historic campaign that led to the liberation of Paris and brought the Allies onto the doorsteps of victory. In Call of Duty 3, multiplayer fans have more tools in their arsenal: commandeer multiple-occupancy vehicles, mantle tanks, plant anti-personnel mines in strategic areas and rank-up to maximize the strength of your special class ability.
- The Power of Next-Gen - Built from the ground-up for next-gen consoles, Call of Duty 3 brings the battle to life with advanced graphics, a new physics engine, a procedural environment and detailed ensemble animations that deliver the most cinematic war experience ever.
- Battle Actions - An all-new close-quarters battle mechanic allows players to fight hand-to-hand, improvise explosive devices, disarm traps and execute a host of other battlefield situations that require cunning and rapid reflexes to survive.
- Branching Mission Paths - Next-generation level design provides multiple attack routes that let players decide how to confront the enemy - flank an opponent, or hit him head-on. Each unique mission path requires special tactics, from sniping and demolition to all-out head-on clashes.
- Nowhere to Hide - Environmental physics allow players to destroy enemy soft cover hideouts, forcing foes out in the open. But be wary, opponents can eliminate your protective cover as well.
- Team-based Multiplayer with Vehicles - Combined arms and team-based combat provides unprecedented depth and variety by allowing up to 24-players to battle it out online with the option of single or split-screen Internet play. Gamers have the choice to play as infantry or commandeer multiple-occupancy vehicles, including tanks, jeeps, and motorcycles with side-cars, leading to unique mobile combat roles for all-out, multiplayer mayhem. Call of Duty 3 also offers soldier classes, each with class specific abilities, and a ranking system for truly diversified squad combat.
- ESRB Rating: TEEN with Blood, Language, and Violence