Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 5
Rated 3 out of 5 by gamblehouse2003 Overall, good product.
I have been using the Sophie for 6 months now. I began using it at the birth of my daughter. Here are the pros and cons.
1. Rated among the top in crash test safety.
2. All components are solid, heavy plastics and metals.
3. Fabric is not itchy.
4. Color/Pattern is clean and well designed, it goes well in all vehicle types.
5. Color and fabric still looks brand new, 6 months later.
6. The handle is great. Makes switching hands and carrying easy and worry free.
1. Daughter, at birth, at 19" and 6.9lbs, was just big enough to fit the seat at it's furthest recline point, without her little head falling forward. Her head did need side support.
2. It is REALLY hard and somewhat painful on the fingers to set the recline on the base.
3. Now at 6 months 17lbs, and 27" she is ready for a convertible. Her feet reach the edge of the seat. So the overall specs are a little off.
4. The seat releases from the base by a lever that is located at the infants feet between the car seat and the back seat. This is hard to release in a 2 door vehicles.
5. Seat does not lock onto buggies. It will set on the rail, but it does not lock like it was in it's base. A spare Graco my mother has locks onto the buggy.
Buggies and how they fit:
Wal-mart, sets on the buggy seat rail, but will not lock.
Lowes, the buggy seat rail is too high and the carseat leans to far forward and it will not lock, the infant seat must be set inside the buggy.
Family Dollar, General Dollar, Dollar Tree, buggies are to narrow will not set on the seat rail at all, barely sets inside buggy. This leaves NO room for goods and groceries.
Kroger's sets on the rail, but will not lock.
Small grocery stores the carseat has to be placed inside the buggy due to small metal humps on the buggy seat rail.
Overall would I recommend it? Yes, my childrens safety is top priority and this seat is among the best in infant seats. It is strong and well built. A mother could not ask for more when it comes to safety.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Emilily23421 Great seat!!
I have yet to have baby, ao I don't know how good it is with her in it.... But quality wise it's wonderful. It so easy to install and the seat alone is way lighter than I expected. It's super cute too! Great seat, glad I bought it!
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thehackers Color in darker....
Bought for safety but fyi color is not exactly as pictured, it is a very dark chocolate, dark tan and burgundy deep pink. Not light shades as colored. Although you could do this for a boy or girl I think, which will be good in our case....