Rated 3.7 out of 5 by 14
Rated 4 out of 5 Omron HR-210 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor
This is a great unit for calculating calories burned as well as heart rate. It's difficult to find a strapless monitor that counts calories burned for this price!
Rated 5 out of 5 by IntervalTrainer Great buy!
I was tired of my old heart rate monitor that required a chest strap. Found it difficult to get a signal from the watch to the strap and finally found Omron strapless.
Its great, easy to program and use. It takes about 5 seconds to obtain your heart rate by touching 2 fingers to watch. Seems very accurate. Not sure yet about the calorie counting feature; no way to determine if correct or not. First day I burned over 4,000 calories which seems like a lot, but I really don't know. For the money, this is a great buy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by livingnloving Useless product, waste of money
So this product is useless if your intention is to use it for keeping accurate track of your workout effectiveness. If all you care about is an approximate (and the approximatino can be reallyyy different than actual - based upon your behavior) idea of calorie burn for the last workout then this can serve you fine.
I use a Polar one (don't remember the model right now and cannot find it on Amazon so might be discontinued# and it cost about $100, but it delivers. So, going tback to the assumption that you actualy care about tracking your workout performance, here are the things I want in my monitor and why Omron is useless,
- Continuous heart rate monitoring:- The Omron only measures heart rate when you press two fingers on the dial. Also it is inaccurrate if you are running / swimming / cycling etc. when you press the fingers #it also says so on the product pamphlet). So essentially you'll have to stop / slow-down working out to get the right read, and you'll have to do that extremely frequently to ensure it captures the wild fluctuations in heart rate that come with aerobic / non-aerobic exercises. Otherwise you get an avg. herat rate and therefore an avg. calorie burn count. I've compared it to my Polar and I typically burn 450 calories in 45 min but the Omron, with frequent pulse check, showed me only 250!
- Fat Burn %:- The vast majority of people workout because they wanna trim down the love handles and other 'handles' that have some fat. So it's very important to know how much fat are you burning in your workout. Omron doesn't give you any fat burn data so no idea how good you are doing on removing those holiday additions. And even if it did, it'll be highly inaccurrate as the heart rate measurement is inaccurrate.
- Performance History:- This one is of lower importance but a nice tool to have to track your performance over the last week, month or whatever period suits you - without having to note down the calories burnt, fat percentage, time taken etc. on your own in an excel sheet somewhere. Needless to say, Omron doesn't have it.
There is a good reason why the straps exist in heart rate monitors - that strap continuously measures your heart rate, and that rate is the most critical component of measuring calories and fat burnt by your workout.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Brotherrewd Measures your heart rate, but isn't very helpful.
Given the price point for this watch, I really wanted to like it. I just couldn't...
The good parts:
* The watch is a good size and is made from decent-feeling plastic materials.
* The buttons are large and clear.
* The display is easy to read.
The not good parts:
* The watch is strapless, which means that you have to place two fingers across the bezel to get it to read your heart rate. Depending on which fingers you use, you get different readings.
* It has a tip that tells you that "For an accurate heart rate reading, make sure you are not currently running, swimming or doing exercise."
* It's hard to get it to calculate the exercise / energy burned clearly.
What I'm left with is a struggle to use a heart rate monitor that won't work for training. Based on that, I wouldn't buy one for myself.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuperAmma Fast and Accurate Heart Rate Monitor!
It's a great monitor which is very useful for us to read our heart rate during our workout. It's very quick and fast. So easy to read and convenient to carry with us. Worth in buying this strapless monitor.
Rated 4 out of 5 by SNOOKUMZ56 OMRON HR-201 Strapless Heart Rate Monitor Worked
I purchased this strapless monitor because I wanted to be able to check my heart rate on the fly without being confined to wearing a belt. OMRON HR-210 strapless heart rate monitor works for me.
Before I purchased this item I "Goggled" the item and watched a video. I can't remember the name of the video but you should be able to find it if you search hard enough.
The video convinced me this product would work for me.
26 Oct 2012
Rated 2 out of 5 Not that useful
I tried using the monitor with different activities, it was not giving me accurate reading. Its best when you are not running.
Rated 5 out of 5 by WalmartDavebayarea Great Value
I really like this product for the price. First of all it's strapless which makes it very convenient and it's only $31.99. I have used it several times to work to calculate my calories I have burned and my heart rate. It's easy to use and a great value.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anyname12 I bought this for my husband, which has had two stents put in his heart recently. We need to keep track of his pulse as he had atriel fibrillation going on. This monitor is so easy for him to use at any time, without having a strap around his chest. It's great! I would recommend it to anyone.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Jay318 Measure accurately but works best when not running
1) Set up is easy. You can enter enter age, date, time with + and - buttons quickly and easily.
2) It gives a fairly accurate estimate of calories burned. Obviously, it also measures heart-rate accurately.
3) Does not look bad when you wear it.
4) Different settings to comfortably fit on the wrist.
1) The manufacturer recommends that you stop exercising to take your pulse.
Rated 3 out of 5 by ejk725 A little confusing to set up
My main qualm with this heart rate monitor is it is kind of confusing to set up. There seem to be a lot of buttons and setting and it takes some time to get it where you want it to be. It seemed to work well, and it's great there is no chest strap, but you have to touch the watch with the other hand to get the reading, which could be a little annoying if you are going for a run.
Rated 3 out of 5 by lovecabernet The monitor takes some time to set-up and learn how to use. But once it's all set up, it was very easy to use and keep track of your heart rate, workout time, and calories burned. You have to place two fingers on the metal parts on the front of the monitor for a few seconds before you it displays a reading. It's great if you're only tracking intermittent heart rates, but does not continuously track your heart rate. Loved the wireless set-up, so there's no need to wear a chest strap.
I'd recommend this heart monitor if you're looking to periodically check your heart rate, otherwise, you may be better off with a different monitor.
Rated 4 out of 5 by LNV19 Can't beat the value!
I am on a quest to get healthy and always was skeptical of the calorie & heart rate monitors on my local gyms machines. I was excited to try this product since it offered what I was looking for and was wireless-no irritating strap around my chest. The set up process was a bit confusing and took some effort to set up. Once set up, it was easy to use and keep track of my heart rate, time endured during my workout and total calories burned. My only gripe is because it is wireless, you had to frequently stop activity & take your heart rate. Not conducive to continuous activity. If you are looking for a way to track calories this is a great beginners monitor. I would recommend if you are a jogger, enjoy walking, take yoga classes and if you engage in circuit training. If you are into aerobic, dance, or any continuous activity where it requires you to stay in motion, this isn't the right model for you. Overall, for the price paid, this item accomplished what I was looking for.
Rated 4 out of 5 by ahhhhhhhhh capable HRM
i found the watch easy to use but the instructions could be more clear in initial set-up. Watch band could be a bit more comfortable if possible -- but not a big deal. it does not provide ongoing heart rat -- this is only available when placing your fingers on the sensors -- so no way to moitor over /under condition whilel excercising