Rated 4.4 out of 5 by 33
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gumbo69 Carbon monoxide detector
Excellent Carbon monoxide detector for the money, it plugs in to a wall outlet(also has a cord for plug in) and a battery backup. Displays carbon monoxide level when it reaches unsafe level.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Drianna Excellent Carbon Monoxide Detector For The Money!
This model is recommended by Consumer Reports 2010, and Walmart has the least expensive price out there. Excellent Carbon monoxide detector for the money, it plugs into a wall outlet (also has a cord for plug in) and has a battery backup. This product couldn't be easier to use...Plug it in, test, and that's it. Very easy setup!
Rated 5 out of 5 by wisteriashopper Great pricing at Walmart
We bought this to replace an old unit.
This is a very good unit.
Walmart had much better pricing than
Target or Meijer.
Rated 5 out of 5 by fabbgirl5 Great portable CO detector for the money
We have used this at home as well as on our boat to check the CO level and make sure that other units we have work correctly, especially on our boat an love the fact that is is power cord as well as battery backup.. Also it shows the CO level which is doesn't talk about when you purchase, but was very happy about!
Rated 5 out of 5 Top Rated
Consumer Reports claims this is the best CO detector of 2010, & Walmart had the best price:)
Rated 5 out of 5 by 2geezers Excellent product!
This product was very easy to install and it's easy to use. Hopefully we will never have a need to see it work but I am confident it will warn us of any CO danger. Being able to plug it in and also have a battery backup is a real plus.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TLASR Keep your family safe
It is well worth the cost for keeping my family safe, Everyone that has gas in there homes this is a must. If you love your family as I do mine please pick one up. Happy and safe holidays.
Rated 4 out of 5 by BelfordMommy First Alert Digital CO Detector (plug-in)
I just picked up this product a few days ago, and so far it seems fine. It's difficult to write a review and rate a CO detector, but I CAN say that the alarm has not haphazardly gone off, which I've had happen with other detectors (when there were no elevated levels of CO present). I like the digital display - it's easy to read. It also has a battery back-up, which I like.
Rated 5 out of 5 by birdjc Great product
This model is recommended by Consumer Reports. And Walmart has the least expensive price out there.
Rated 5 out of 5 Works great
This product couldn't be easier to use...Plug it in and that's it.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Chipperdy DISAPPOINTED
After reading testing reviews from Consumer Reports I figured this to be a decent product.
The reason I'm disappointed with the First Alert Plug-In With Battery Backup (CO) Carbon Monoxide Detector With Digital Display is this.
I'm a smoker and a home inspector. I am aware that CO detection rates above 35 parts per million (ppm) are considered a health hazard for long term exposure.
I have advanced detection equipment for doing home inspections and as a smoker I'm aware that every puff of a cigarette emits about 40 ppm of CO.
My issue with the First Alert is that it detects CO from my cigarette smoke and indicates approximate accuracy on its digital display BUT DOES NOT produce an audible alarm.
As such I'm disappointed as to how practical it is and therefore give it 3 stars.
Rated 1 out of 5 by PenguinPerson Disappointed in product
It did not work out of the box. The "bright" digital display was non-existent. The symbol for weak batteries showed up. The batteries I used came with the detector. When tested on a battery tester, they appeared to be fully charged so I assume the unit itself was defective.
The battery door that others complained about worked the first time opened and closed it but after that I left it open because I feared it would break if forced. All in all, I was disappointed in the product. I purchased it because it had good reviews but my experience was not satisfactory.
Rated 1 out of 5 by jerswife Such a disappointment!
I was replacing an 8 yr. old Kidde CO detector (no digital display) & thought I would try this First Alert. After a struggle getting the item out of the package, I set it up as instructed, plugged it in, but it never "tested"---no beeps at all. I thought that maybe it had to adjust to the environment so I left it in for several days, testing it periodically with the same results---NOTHING. I took the battery out & then was unable to shut the battery compartment. The only good thing about this experience was the fact that Walmart took it back with no problem. I went to Home Depot & bought the Kidde & they work fine.
Rated 1 out of 5 by FlushingFlash Piece of expensive junk
Brand new out of the package and the battery door was so poorly made that it wouldn't stay closed. When you plugged the unit into the wall, the battery door flew open. I returned it the next day.
Rated 1 out of 5 by AKN2577 Poor product
Battery door doesn't close
Rated 5 out of 5 by user1444 This product is great.
This is a great product. It does the job well and correctly and is very accurate. I have had no problems with it whatsoever. The backlit display is a nice bonus.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CowboyDave Item seems to work well. I have ventless gas logs in my home & I feel better knowing that I am safe if there was a problem with them. I like that there is a small green light indicating the unit is on. Also, I can push a button to activate the peak level function which temporarily turns on a blue backlit display. The AC adapter fits neatly behind the unit but can also be removed so the detector can be mounted on the wall further away from the outlet.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ker555 even better than we expected
we had an 8 year old alarm that preceeded this model. It worked well and lasted well beyond the average life for this type product.
This model seems even better as they have compensated for the horozontal plugs they have in houses like ours, and they also now have a battery back-up. We were exceptionally pleased that our old alarm sent us a signal that it was not longer working; this one is supposed to do the same. This company thinks of everything!
Rated 5 out of 5 by mix7 nice attention to little details
First alert has done a great job in making this product user-friendly: Nice bright digital display, ability to silence the low-battery chirps for 8 hours (and by using an infra red remote if desired), ability to mount unit away from wall outlet. Only one minor negative: the battery door latch is not quite right - if you're not careful you can easily break it when trying to close the battery door.
Rated 5 out of 5 by PriceMiser The quality is outstanding & well designed
Meets all my expectations. I feel well assured that I have a second line of offense against carbon monoxide poisoning
Rated 5 out of 5 by boriginal It does what it is supposed to do
Obviously very easy to just plug in and let it do the work! Has an extended power cord if you want to mount it higher on the wall too.
Rated 5 out of 5 by goodshopper999 A necessary product in every household
We purchased this product because we had a similiar one which lasted more than five years (five years is the expected lifetime) and we wanted the same type of product for that kind of protection (one that had an extended plug in and a display readout).
Rated 5 out of 5 by JP20 First Alert Carbon Monoxide Detector
Lowest price. Easy set-up. Quick delivery. Excellent value.